The April Prompt Request is now closed to new prompts. I still have many wonderful prompts to write to and I will post the results as I finish them. Thank you all for participating.
The Prompt Request is open from now (Tuesday, 24 April, my time) until sometime Tuesday, 1 May, my time. Exact timings will depend on whether I am still working at home on Tuesdays due to what my boss’ boss has called ‘The Great Easter Flood.’
If you give me more than one prompt you need to know that I will work through the list in order starting at the top.
The rules and parameters:
- Each prompt will be:
- a short sentence or phrase;
- a story of mine posted to LJ you want to see more of – it does not need to come from a Prompt Request; or
- characters of mine from stories posted on LJ – they do not need to come from a Prompt Request.
- For each prompt I write to I will write 300±50 words. If you want to see something I’ve done along these lines before, please see my http://rix-scaedu.livejournal.com/tag/30%20days%20of%20flash%20fiction tag or the results of a previous prompt request on the http://rix-scaedu.livejournal.com/tag/prompt%20request%2031%20dec%2011 tag.
- I will write one prompt per person, unless you signal boost this Prompt Request or a story from it , in which case I will write an additional prompt per site/platform you boost on i.e. one prompt each on LJ, Twitter, Dreamwidth, etc, for each day of the prompt request you signal boost. I am setting an arbitrary limit of 14 extra prompts per prompter from boosting. You will need to tell me about your boosts because I am not across every site and platform.
- For each prompter I get, I will write 50 words in a prompting reward serial story;
- No fanfic, I just don’t know enough about enough current series and settings to do your favourites justice – give me a name or names and I promise what you get will not be the people you know and love; and
- Please, nothing that has to be porn – I have to be in the mood to write that sort of thing and I would like to be able to post these stories without warnings. (Yes, I know, 1b & 1c could produce prompts that are almost like that.)
- For every ten prompt-based pieces I write I will I write a background piece on a world or character, subject to be chosen by audience poll.
Why am I doing this? It’s almost a month since last time did it. Practice!
And yes, there is a tip jar & I will put it up this evening my time. This is for extensions. I will write extensions at 500 words per $5.00.
- If I receive any money for extensions I will be flabbergasted (screen shot will not be available J).
- For every $15 I receive for paid extensions I will write to one more prompt, chosen by those who have paid for extensions, from any ‘unsupported’ prompts received in the Prompt Request. This will occur after I have written the paid extensions. An ‘unsupported’ prompt is one which does not have a signal boost to support it.
If you are kind enough to give me more signal boosts than you want to prompt, I will use each of your ‘left over’ signal boosts to power another 50 words in the prompt reward story. Please tell me where you’ve signal boosted as a reply to your comment giving me prompts.
Thank you for participating.