The Prompt Request is
open from now (Saturday, 3 November, my time) until sometime Sunday, 18 November, my time is now closed. Thank you to everyone who particiapted and I will now get down to writing the rest of your stories.
If you give me more than one prompt you need to know that I will work through the list in order starting at the top.
The rules and parameters:
1. Each prompt will be:
a. a short sentence or phrase;
b. a story of mine posted to LJ you want to see more of – it does not need to come from a Prompt Request; or
c. characters of mine from stories posted on LJ – they do not need to come from a Prompt Request.
2. For each prompt I write to I will write 300±50 words. If you want to see something I’ve done along these lines before, please see the results of my September and October Prompt Requests. I have found that stories sometimes carry me away and you may get more than 350 words due to no fault of yours.
3. I will write one prompt per person, unless you signal boost this Prompt Request or a story from it , in which case I will write an additional prompt per site/platform you boost on i.e. one prompt each on LJ, Twitter, Dreamwidth, etc, for each day of the prompt request you signal boost. I am setting an arbitrary limit of 14 extra prompts per prompter from boosting. You will need to tell me about your boosts because I am not across every site and platform.
4. For each prompter I get, I will write 50 words in a prompting reward serial story;
5. No fanfic, I just don’t know enough about enough current series and settings to do your favourites justice – give me a name or names and I promise what you get will not be the people you know and love; and
6. Please, nothing that has to be porn – I have to be in the mood to write that sort of thing and I would like to be able to post these stories without warnings. (Yes, I know, 1b & 1c could produce prompts that are almost like that.)
7. For every ten prompt-based pieces I write I will I write a background piece on a world or character, subject to be chosen by audience poll.
Why am I doing this? Practice! Plus I’ve found that I enjoy the interaction with all of you.
And yes, there is a tip jar. This is for extensions. I will write extensions at 500 words per $5.00.
1. If I receive any money for extensions I can no longer be flabbergasted because that’s already happened but I will be very surprised. J
2. For every $15 I receive for paid extensions I will write to one more prompt, chosen by those who have paid for extensions, from any ‘unsupported’ prompts received in the Prompt Request. This will occur after I have written the paid extensions. An ‘unsupported’ prompt is one which does not have a signal boost to support it.
If you are kind enough to give me more signal boosts than you want to prompt, I will use each of your ‘left over’ signal boosts to power another 50 words in the prompt reward story.
Please tell me where you’ve signal boosted as a reply to your comment giving me prompts.
Thank you for participating.